March! This is a month of mixed weather and anticipation for the chance to be out and about. Sometimes we take our safety for granted and with St. Patty’s Day looming closer here are some statistics and solutions to make sure that you are always as safe as you should be. With health care reform in full swing be sure to call your insurance agent and add the extra protection that you and your family need.
Accidents can take place in a wide variety of environments however, the home is the most likely location. Home accidents are a major cause of death and injury and contribute substantially to potential years of life lost.
There are three main categories of home accidents; Impact accidents including falls, being hurt by falling objects and general bumping into type accidents. Heat accidents including burns and scalds. Through mouth and foreign body accidents is including accidental poisonings, suffocation, choking and objects in the eye/ear/nose.
A recent survey also found that:
• 66% of home accidents occurred inside the home and 34% occurred directly outside the home i.e. in the garden, yard, driveway, path and steps and boundaries.
• 39.2% of home accidents involved children aged 0-15 years.
• 19.4% occurred in the under-5 year’s age group.
• 24.3% of home accidents involved adults in the 25-44 age range.
• 11.9% of home accidents involved those aged over 65 years.
We have a solution to your worries with the Assurant Fixed-Benefit Coverage! You get a set cash benefit for each covered injury and service. There is no waiting period, and it doesn’t matter what hospital you go to. Even while you recover with the follow up treatment and physical therapy, these visits are part of this benefit.
Be safe this St. Patty’s Day with a little word from our friendly Leprechaun;
“As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.”